Your total UNCOMPRESSED web resources must not exceed 512KB.
If you’re interested in getting your site added to The 512KB Club, all you need to do is follow these instructions:
- Do a GTMetrix scan on your website.
- Once complete, click on the Waterfall tab to make sure the uncompressed size of your site is less than 512KB.
- If your site satisfies this requirement, submit an issue on GitHub with your URL.
- I will then check your site with GT Metrix. If it’s qualifies, I will add it to the list below.
If your site qualifies for The 512KB Club, I will add it to one of the following 3 teams:
- The green team is for sites with a total uncompressed size of less than 100KB.
- The orange team is for sites with a total uncompressed size of less than 250KB.
- The blue team is for sites with a total uncompressed size of less than 512KB.
Once you’re a proud member of one of the teams, you are free to use one of the banners below on your own website. You can either save the SVG or use the code snippet below (remembering to change the name to whichever team you’re in).
<a href="https://512kb.club"><img src="https://512kb.club/images/green-team.svg" /></a>
The 512KB Club appears to have sparked some interest in a lot of website owners and the whole thing has become somewhat a race to the top.
If you have optimised your website further and want to change your number, just add a comment to the GitHub Issue that you originally logged. I’ll then get a notification and will make the changes.
That’s a great question!
I decided to start this project for a couple of reasons:
- Most, if not all, of the sites listed below are personal sites. Many of which are blogs. The 512KB Club is a great way of discovering other blog owners who are also interested in minimalist/efficient web design. Think of it like a modern day webring.
- It’s a bit fun, so why not?
See a problem on this site? Maybe there’s a site listed that’s not longer live, or no longer qualifies for the club. Or, maybe you just want to get in touch for some reason.
If so, the easiest way to get in touch with me is to use the contact page on my main website.